May 22, 2020 update:
Our Pastor and deacons met yesterday afternoon, May 21, via zoom to assess our situation and to determine when it would be best for us to resume onsite worship services.
Today we are scheduled to enter phase two of the federal guidelines for reopening and two weeks later, phase three, which removes the restrictions on attendance limits. Our Governor has issued reopening guidelines for local parks, museums and area attractions and small businesses with close contact environments such as barber shops and beauty salons have also reopened.
Other factors taken into consideration in our meeting were as follows:
1. The CDC has a new perspective on the likelihood of Covid-19 transmission on surfaces that are touched: CDC Updates Coronavirus Transmission Guidelines – May 20, 2020.
2. Reputable data gathering sources indicate that we have peaked in the upward trend of new cases. Even though the cumulative number of new cases grows, the rate of estimated new cases is declining.
In light of all this data, here’s what we decided:
- Plan to continue our online worship service on the YouTube Channel for this coming Sunday, May 24.
- Continue with our midweek Zoom meetings for adults and teens on Wednesday night, May 2 at 7:00 pm. Future programming for Wednesday nights will be released later on.
- We’d love all our men and women to participate! So please do!
- Will and Alicia will be hosting a separate zoom meeting for the teens at 7 pm as well.
- Have our first opening worship service onsite on Sunday, May 31, 11 am. On this day, there will be no Sunday School, children's church or nursery. There will not be an evening service onsite. Plans are being made for an online meeting for an evening meeting.
- We are targeting, Sunday, June 7, to run a full, normal Sunday schedule with Sunday School at 10 am, morning worship service at 11 am and evening service at 5:30 pm. This assumes that we enter phase three of the reopening guidelines as forecasted for June 5. As that day gets closer, we will make any adjustments to these plans as needed and if needed.
- We want to emphasize that these plans for May 31 and June 7 are subject to change should conditions warrant. We value the safety and welfare of our members, regular attenders and guests.
- We also want to emphasize that those who do not feel comfortable attending these opening services or have health concerns due to personal health conditions, are certainly advised to stay safely at home until such time they feel comfortable in attending.
- Church members and regular attenders should look for an email we plan to send out next week, Lord willing, explaining how we plan to conduct these opening services and what they can expect when they arrive.
- We will attempt to live stream our services when we reopen so that those who cannot attend or do not feel comfortable attending, can still participate. More information will be emailed regarding this.
We invite you to join us for our online Sunday worship service on our YouTube channel. You can find our channel here.
The audio recording of the Sunday morning message will be uploaded to the sermon page on our website.
We thank you for your patient understanding and intercessions for us as we seek the Lord in these matters and desire to move prudently forward. We realize we won't be able to please everyone but we seek to please the Lord in carrying out our shepherding responsibilities as prudently as possible, taking into consideration a wide scope of needs and concerns. It's hard to believe we have been separated from each other since our last worship service on March 15, 2020! Know that we can't wait to see our church family, regular attenders and guests again!
Feel free to contact us if you need to do so. The church office number is 843-277-2007. The phone will be monitored daily.
Be safe and stay healthy. Use this time to develop your own relationship with the Lord. If you need help in establishing one or cultivating one, please contact our pastor. Enjoy the increased time with your family which can include prayer and Bible reading together. You can find a suggested Bible reading schedule here.
We will provide further updates as warranted. Thank you for joining us in making this Corona virus issue a matter of prayer. Again, we look forward to seeing you in person as soon as we are able to do so! The Lord bless.